This is a fabulously delicious recipe that we tweaked a little to create super moist banana chocolate chip muffins! I came across the recipe when trying to figure out what to do with two regularly leftover items that Cecily could eat... bananas and yogurt. We get the 32 ounce Stonyfield Farms Organic Vanilla yogurt for Cecily every week, but often by the end of the container it is too runny for her to really enjoy. Bananas are so hit or miss around here and if we have ones going bad I can easily freeze them to use in this recipe.
So here it is:
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt ( We use Stonyfield Organic Whole Milk Yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas ( we use 1-2 bananas)
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chip ( We really like them with chocolate chunks and throw in two handfuls)
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the egg, oil, yogurt and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in bananas and chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350 degrees F for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
I bet these would be great to freeze for quick snack, but we never had them last long enough! Cole and I made these in ten minutes while Cecily was hooked on my hip, so easy.