Saturday, December 3, 2011

My Bad Days are Still Full Of Luck





Sometimes I have one of those Alexander days. For those that do not know that book you must read Alexander and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day.
Anyway after a sleepless night, a husband away at work and a clinging kid I was feeling stuck in my own puddle of yuck. Cecily is back being bogged down with allergies which means I need to give her constant supervision as when she has a coughing fit, it gags her and she immediately throws up. We have it down to something like a fire drill where I can grab her and run her to the sink before the mess is overwhelming. It changes the flow around here though and it makes life feel a bit bogged down.

Sometimes I forget to stop and think about how fortunate I am to have my biggest true concern to be a little post nasal drip. When I look around I can see our blessings. Earlier in the week a few ladies from my Mops group and I went to a local pediatric facility and spent an hour reading, singing, and spending time with children with significant developmental delays as well as severe medical issues. It was a great experience and I loved spending time with those children, but it served as a greater reminder of the blessings in my life that I take for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment