Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Consistent Parenting -Yuck

So as my Facebook friends know, yesterday Cecily decided to hop on out of her crib  It is not a shock, she is turning two in just over two months.  I don't think she is ready for a bed or should I say that I am not ready for her to have a bed even if she is ready to have one. Last night she went to bed easily with no complaints and called for me at a little after 6:00 this morning.
Nap today was late since she was having fun playing with her brother, so she did not enter into nap time willingly.  I knew I was in trouble.  So after twenty minutes of what I call the Nanny Jo special, she finally gave in and stayed put.  The key to a happy family is consistent parenting, but damn, it can be exhausting.  I know it is better in the long run to have the kids put their toys away alone all the time, but really the fact that it can take thirty minutes at times makes me give in a little.

 So here I am entering into a new phase of sleep training and I know that consistency will yield the results I want, but it does not mean it will be easy.  So here I go with back in the crib, door shut, wait outside, door open, back in the crib, door shut, wait outside door opens repeat repeat and lose your mind.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment