Monday, December 3, 2012

No One Has It All Together

I had a moment today where I sort of chuckled to myself thinking if they could see me now.  Cecily was in her meltdown time which comes right around dinner prep, the no nap thing hits a peak and she is a disaster.  I was wrestling her to a time out, I was thinking of all the things I had control of in the next few days wondering how I could possibly follow through on those things while unable to control this 20 something pound 2 year old.  Then you remind yourself that we all have our moments.  No one's house is in perfect order while also having children that listen all the time.  There are days where the time I shut the back doors of the car and walk around to the front driver's side that I just stand alone in peace for a moment, so I can keep it together.  There are days where everything goes just right and I wonder why I ever thought any day was hard, but then usually the next day I question no more.  This is a time of year where we want to be feeling joy and capturing moments, but often get lost in the stress of all the to dos and expectations.  Take a moment to yourself( even if it is that minute before getting into the car) and remember the blessings in your life, then go forth and try not to cry and scream...

No comments:

Post a Comment