1. I walked out to my porch and there waiting for me were three full meals to be prepared.
2. Using Hello Fresh, you have the option to select from 5 delicious meal options. For ours, we decided to get Terayki Chicken, Herb Crusted Pork Chops, and Seared Cod. There is a full vegetarian choice as well.
3. We experimented with very different foods such as brussel sprouts, parsnips, baby bok choy, coconut rice, lemon and olive quinoa, and chard.
4. Hello Fresh provides just enough of each ingredient. You may say that it would cost less for me to just make these meals from a recipe. First off let me reply that I would never get to that point. I know that my comfort level with some of these spices and unique ingredients would cause me to be overwhelmed and never try to create these dishes at home. I like that I received a small amount of cumin instead of having to purchase a lot of a spice we otherwise do not use. This concept for us eliminates waste.
5. Using Hello Fresh is training me to improve my culinary skills and change up our family menu plan. Now I can easily make some of the recipes without needing their instructions, because I have done it and am comfortable. I am a hands on learner and this type of meal prep program speaks to my learning style.
6. Portion control is key. Our family purchased the three meals for two. The flavors were unique for our children, but some they found pleasing. What we did is stretch the meals with some supplemental items that we always have on hand like broccoli, noodles, and salad. It provided enough food for all of us to leave the table satisfied while eating healthy.
Terayki chicken split into three adult sized portions.7. Hello Fresh saved me a trip to the grocery store. With our delivery, we were able to stretch our grocery shopping to make less trips. That saves on money and precious time.
Our absolute favorite, split between four people.
8. Hello Fresh is flexible. Our family may not always be able to afford the $69 weekly subscription every week, but we can certainly do this once a month. It adds to the diversity of our menu as well as delivers a convenience and health factor that we are looking for. You can pause your subscription and skip weeks very easily through their website.
9. Referrals can bring down your costs. If you love it, then share that you do. You can refer friends and they will receive $40 off their order while you receive $20-$30 off yours. Want to try it yourself? I would be tickled if you used my code of 8UAUKY and you can score three meals delivered to your home for $29. Then let me know what you think!