Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas Cookie List

Last year, luckily my mom brought down lots of her Christmas cookies to share with us. Cecily had surgery a few days before Christmas and between that and the fact I quite frankly had two little ones, presents to buy and wrap, a tree to decorate, holiday dinners to shop for and make, a million Christmas cards to go out and did mention I had two little ones and wasn't getting to sleep through the night. Two years ago when I had only one child to balance, I was in the spirit of trying out some really cool new Christmas cookies or candy recipes. Now each year my mom and her friend whip up dozens and dozens of cookies to share including:
Snickerdoodles
Chocolate Chip
Peanut Butter
Sugar Cookies (not the really pretty kind:) since we have always decorated them)
Molasses Cookies
Date Squares ( no one really fights over these)
Oatmeal Raisin
Peanut Butter Blossoms (added by request by us kids)
All really cool cookies, but even with pressure from us kids they never have strayed far from their traditions. So back to the two years ago thing where I was a mother of just one really easy 2 year old, ahhh.... I saw a blog post with a ton of link ups to people's favorite Christmas recipes. We picked a few new ones, most of them were more like candy and gave it a try! Some were a hit and others well won't be redone.
My favorite was a toffee recipes that was so simple and delicious, you can check it out here.

If you have a favorite kind of cookie, please post it in the comment section and even link up a recipe if you like. I need new ideas, so would love to hear what you like best. Plus I can't just make toffee and that saltine sugary stuff, we'll need cookies this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment