Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Five Years Later A Different Kind of Day

Five years ago on this night, I was just settling into my hospital room after a very up and down 48 hours. Cole was only a hallway away, but I had only really gotten five minutes with him since his birth earlier that day. The day closed with my newborn in the NICU and might has well been miles away. The next two weeks as a new mom with a baby who felt like he may never come home, probably shaped my life as a mother more than most events since. It was a time where faith became very important as we had little to no control over our own child's care. Now five years later there is no evidence left that Cole's start in this world was anything other than typical. As his mom though, I will never forget that journey. Happy birthday to our greatest miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment