So if you have a strong willed child do they exhibit these traits? What traits should we add to the list?
1. Likes to do things own their own and at a very young age.
2. Is stubborn and will fight a battle even of the simplest form to exhaustion.
3. Is bright.
4 Is verbal at a young age.
5. Has an exceptional memory.
6. Is busy or active.
7. Has a fierce temper that escalates quickly even over basic issues.
8. Dressing and clothing are issues. Likes to determine what to wear, dislikes wearing jackets and shoes.
9. Has difficulty sharing possessions and people.
My Cecily exhibits these characteristics to varying forms. I have had to learn to bend to her ways in order to maintain peace. Tonight she was not happy that her summer princess pajamas could not be worn. It caused an uproar with her so I simply explained that she had to wear warm pajamas, but could wear the princess pajamas over top. Thankfully, this whole debate was settled in less than a minute. I am learning day by day how to reduce struggles and maintain her knowing that her parents are ultimately in charge, well kind of sometimes....