Friday, October 12, 2012

National Take Your Parents to Lunch Day

I have heard of Take Your Child to Work Day, but never this special event called Take Your Parents to Lunch Day which takes place October 17th.  I learned about the event through my involvement with the Moms Meet program and Kiwi magazine.  There is a great website that has great tool kits for schools and parents. 
As a parent of a full day Kindergarten student, I would love to be able to visit my son's school and share lunch with him.  To be able to see what happens first hand both with the structure of the lunch program as well as to see what he is actually consuming would thrill me.  Lately Cole has been eating his lunch, but in the beginning of the school year he would come home with his full lunch.  He said kept saying they didn't have time to eat.  This would let me know what is really happening in the cafeteria, though maybe I would rather not know after all!

1 comment:

  1. Until I read this post I was unaware of this special day. However I do enjoy going and having lunch with my youngest daughter, who is now in 4th grade. Enjoy this special time while you can! When they reach middle school,like my oldest daughter; having lunch with them is a no-go. They are way to big and too cool for it. :-) Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete