Here are some starter tips!
I would love to help you if you are interested in reducing your grocery budget. Now if I only had a way to get cheap gasoline!
Lindsey’s Shopping Tips:
- Before Sunday use the internet to see what coupons will be featured in this week’s paper. Can you definitely use at least $1.00’s worth ,then buy the paper. The weeks that Procter and Gamble put in coupons can sometimes warrant buying two papers.
- Which coupons should I bother keeping?
Keep coupons for products that if you could get them for free you would do so, pass along the rest to friends.
- Find a system for sorting your coupons. I sort by store aisle. This way while I am in the store and looking at the yogurts, I know where to look for any coupons I may have. Always take all your coupons with you!
- Use sites like coupons.com to print high value coupons. Here is a link to a list of all the coupon printing sites you may need.
- If you like a particular product, join the members club for rewards or call the company directly asking for coupons to be mailed to you. You will want to set up a separate email account when you begin signing up for these groups. I recommend a gmail account.
- Cell fire allows you to load coupons to your store card for additional savings on some brands
- Look for blinkie coupons in the stores and file away for future shopping trips.
- At stores like Target stack both manufacturers’ and Target coupons for better deals.
- Join word of mouth programs like Psst! and Vocalpoint to obtain free products and coupons in the mail.
- When using coupons, often getting the smaller package turns out to be the better deal. This is the case often when purchasing diapers.
- Compare the generic brand to the name brand price with coupon. Often times the generic turns out to be more expensive.
- Match your coupons with a store sale as much as possible. You can use the site couponmom.com or a fullcup.com where there are lists of coupons matched to store sale items. My favorite blog is living rich with coupons where I match my store coupons weekly.
- Be familiar with common prices your prices. Know what a truly good sale is and when one occurs, stock up!! Get enough so it will last till the next sale.
- Buy your meat on sale and separate and freeze it.
- Share your successes with friends!