Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Those Sneaky Leprechauns



So apparently tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day and it totally caught me off guard so I am not at all prepared to do all the fun things I could with the kids! That means a lot of catching up tomorrow and maybe a little less fanfare than could have been. I am not Irish, but there are some fun things to do with kids on St. Pats.
We'll start the day reading our best St. Pat's book, took me a long time to find anything that I really liked to read for this holiday. The best book that we found is The Night Before St. Patrick's Day. I would invite a little leprechaun into the house to make a mess of the place, but apparently my own leprechauns have already accomplished that task and wouldn't notice a little extra mess!

Second favorite tradition that we always did in my class ( of course followed by a writing assignment:) is making Irish Potatoes. So simple, sugary and delicious! I will need to head to the grocery store to get some of the ingredients that we don't have on hand.

And finally, of course, we'll be eating our corned beef and cabbage made in the crock pot! Hope you enjoy a little luck of the Irish tomorrow.
Do you have any fun traditions?

1 comment:

  1. Becka loves that book. Sam read it to her last night!

    So the wierd tradition we started this year...Becka came home from school last week and told me that leprechauns love shiny things and that they leave gold coins around the house. I couldn't figure out who told her that but anyway...I went out and bought some chocolate gold coins and hid them around the living room. She had so much fun finding them this morning. You should have seen her face when I asked her who she thought had left them there! Happy St. Patty's Day!

    ReplyDelete